An Engineer is a person who may not have the education or training to accomplish every task but has the ability to research and find the resources to accomplish and fullfill the tasks necessary to complete a project at hand – J.W.Johnson
Engineers must also have skillset and methodology to problem solving that helps in making effective use of their knowledge base.
- Self motivated.
- Enthusiasm to learn about emerging technologies, hardware, software and applications.
- Logical approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Detail oriented.
- Quick thinking.
- Calm under high pressure situations.
- Good oral and written business communications, negotiation and time management skills.
- Leadership skills – Organizing and motivating a group of engineers.
- Drawing skills – To draw graphical workflow diagrams or CAD schematic drawings.
- Training and mentoring skills – To train and mentor junior or fellow engineers or operational staff.